Newbie from Wales

For discussion of folding and micro bicycles.

Newbie from Wales

Postby bjabsuperbeetles on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:30 am

Hi all ,
I'm looking for a Folding bike preferably Brompton.
I hope I'm not too late to own one ;)
Any lead where to get a new or a good slightly used bike?

Regards to all
bjabsuperbeetles

Re: Newbie from Wales

Postby BromptonRail on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Never too late to own a folding bike! :D

I'm 75 and have several BROMPTON's, as well as having owned other brands in the past. Folders mean no problems with trains, buses, taxis and cars (if you have one). Fold it, lift it & store it. Easy!

Good luck in your search for a Brommie. Try one - Brompton Dock hiring stations are good, or a good dealer. Hilly areas probably easier with 6 gears, and maybe, lowered gearing. If money is no object, go for the lightweight models (forks & rear triangle of titanium) as it is so much easier to carry and rides very well. A good dealer will be able to show you the different models and styles, as well as letting you test ride, fold and carry.

The luggage block - a handy fixing point for front luggage - is well worth the £15 cost, though the range of luggage bags can be a bit pricey but worth it for the convenient method of carrying and lifting off the bike.

Finally, BROMPTON's retain their value very well, so you should be able to find second hand models at less than new prices. For example, a Brompton currently selling new for around £1,000 could easily command a secondhand price of £600 if in excellent condition

AtoB magazine have an online "For Sale" section for second hand items.
http://www.atob.org.uk/a-to-b-free-ads-folding-electric-bikes-for-sale-wanted/

BromptonRail

Re: Newbie from Wales

Postby jtnkkm on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:33 am

Welcome :)
jtnkkm

Return to General Chat