IF MODE REVIEW

The IF range of bicycles from Pacific Cycles, using the revolutionary IF (integrated folding) technology invented by Mark Sanders of MAS Design. These were formerly known as Swivel Head.

IF MODE REVIEW

Postby JamesLynch on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:13 pm

I bought the IF MODE and within a week, the paintwork and Pacific decals started peeling off in many different areas. Of course the poor paintwork peeled off the hinge areas albeit extremely quickly but paint also peeled off in unexpected areas. I have tried to speak to Juan who is the UK representative for Pacific Cycles but he seems to always be unavailable. Very poor customer support for a very expensive product. While I am here, I will also mention the gear change is very clunky and does not seem very durable.
Also, the disk brakes are not very powerful, you can't tighten them either as this would stop the wheel going round when the bike is folded and pushed along. Quite the glaring oversight. Based on Juans lack of any help whatsoever and the very early problems I am experiencing, I would not advise buying this bike.
JamesLynch

Re: IF MODE REVIEW

Postby Blumental on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:22 am

i am thinking about buying the IF mode - but can't find any reviews; would be v interested to hear your views after 2 years of using it?? still disatisfied re paint job, disk breaks etc... ?
Blumental

Return to IF Mode, IF Reach, IF Cross